Monday, January 16, 2012

Tiebreaker


The way you make me feel
The very words epitomize
What its said ” love” is.
Words that make jelly of knees,
starry eyed and the head reel.
Oh! The way you make me feel.

Feminine? Virile?
Sensuous? Strong?
Blind? Deaf? Or plainly dumb?
If you need a guise 
of dressy words
To explain what love is,
you couldn’t be more wrong.

Silence was never
So invitingly crushing
That it made my heart
let out a delightful squeal.
Oh! The way you make me feel.

You charm. You bait.
The surreptious glance.
The relaxed lean.
The swagger in your gait.
I am half full,
any which way I look,
Other half of you
Is a freaking good deal.
Oh! The way you make me feel.

You can chew all of your lip
To hide that grin,
Smug in thinking you won.
Its better to have
won your heart,
and love for as long
as I live under the sun.
I do will wait until
you tire of mind games and kneel.
Now, that’s exactly how I feel.

1 comment: