Friday, February 19, 2010

Someplace "Me"


A cheery robin by my windowsill,
A burst of spring in the terrace garden,
The feet’s shuffle, the hustle bustle,
A honk, a shout, the wailing sirens,
Yet so removed, I find myself.
Caught in the realms of fading lights and the languid air,
Seeing everything, yet really, nothing.

Intermittent noises no longer crowding the mind
Of dulled senses and scattered thoughts,
Finally, at peace with something in me,
Like in brooks where the water runs deep,
Solitude filling every creek.

My world, untouched by anyone but me,
Not heavy in me, on me, but all of me.
Where I am understood, by anyone but me,
The joys, crisscrossed by sorrows, are all mine,
Shared by anyone but me.

Truly liberated in this expanse of my own.
Like a cloak of invisibility on the suit of life.
hidden lie my happiness ...This is someplace truly me.

1 comment:

  1. These are not just idyllic musings...good poetry. After going through your poems this what I have to say....

    Not rhythmic always... But deeply touching...

    When rich imagination join hands with excellent vocabulary this is what results...

    Very expressive. Moving, strikes a chord. Carves a mark in heart. I think that's what a good poem needs to do....

    Romantic...absolutely romantic. Makes one wonder is the above possible without being in love? probably divine intervention... if not in love? reading your poems I remembered Gurudev Ranade's words, He said great works are produced by sparks of divinity unknown to the author himself.. How true if it's not by experience....

    Amazing… usage of right pictures for each poem. Fits the context. Conveys the moods. Matches the thoughts expressed. Perfect, excellent fitment!!!

    One wonders how these outpourings can happen without falling in love. Being in love...well I think it's possible if one is in love...

    Sentimental, emotional, live by heart that’s what it takes to be in Love... Love’s precious & your poems convey that in different ways.

    Makes one Nostalgic, captures all the intricacies in detail, touches the chords at all points, brings forth the small… small things involved beautifully, makes one look back or look forth on love… on oneself…

    Paints a beautiful picture of what love is or life is? Optimistic, enlivens and uplifts...Gr8 these are the qualities of a good Poem.

    You have got what it takes to blossom in to a good poetess. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete