Friday, May 4, 2012

BlackOut Tales


The flicker caught my sleepy eye
half shut in the middle of a dream.
And I let a smile escape, a smug one,
as surreal as it may seem.

Like a happy child with
colored candies all licked,
lest you had to share and
a sound beating be risked.

And then the curve inverted
as the flame died.
The dying aroma 
of the scented candle
Lingering on,
in an abyss dark deep and wide.

Annoying,
like the ringing of an alarm
That's gone off,
just when your snooze
slid into deeper waters.
Bathed in serenity and
in the embrace of calm.

And the clock far enough,
out of reach
So you have to move an
inch onto colder sheets
When it has taken
all night of warming.
Like sand arts built
and swept off at the beach.

Now I wonder
of the rough territorial wars
That predators fight.
It's the sense of belonging and
what's yours
Not a question of might.

The want to keep it all
for yourself and to shield
wandering off will only
dilute the power you wield.

I won't light another match
And I sure as hell won't wake.
The buzzing suckers
can have a field day
I'll be the sloth and
won't even swat,
Those blood mongers can
Take the cherry
and while at it ,eat the cake.

I solemnly resolve to not
Relinquish .
My warm bed
And comfortably fluffy pillow.
A battle of will.
Even if it means my dreams are now
Black and white in the dark.
Like the night sky bereft of its moon
The hour is nearly up and
The power should be back.
Anytime.Soon.
I wish. I wish.

1 comment:

  1. Must have been truly a long..brooding black out...unleashing a collage of thoughts...must have wandered a lot

    ReplyDelete