Saturday, May 12, 2012



Said they,
the eternal
Quest of man is to seek.
The truth. The new.
The reason for our being,
perhaps.
Yet mine ended the day
I had all for myself,
Why seek another world,
When I have you.

Of lies and
of all things old
I cherish dearly
that single moment
you wiped the past clean
of demons that
waged littler wars
in my head and my body
ridden with reminders,
of wounds and scars.
You became the reason to
start afresh,
A chance
so criminally rare
Accorded to so few.
You are my truth.
You are my new.

Bigger purposes.
Greater conquest.
For power. Or fame.
In glory and in shame.
The world has seen
Them all.
But none come close
To finding one’s true self
That’s willingly lost
in another soul.
In life and death.
Together or apart
In you my love,
My capricious soul
sleeps deep,
in a peaceful rest.

All my losses and
all that I lost
dint' go in vain.
For the only battle
That mattered,
I won you.
To you I bow
To you I surrender
Truly.
Unconditionally.
This lifetime.
And all of next
To you I bequest.
Wide awake in your love
I sleep, I sleep
in a peaceful rest.

1 comment:

  1. Seeps in slowly, gently creeping into the deepest recesses,cementing it's position & ensuring a permanent place, leaving its mark for times to come.

    ReplyDelete