Sunday, January 16, 2011

I watched the sun rise....

Like the wick in a candle.
Burning all night.
Steadily.
Fading away into the wee hours.
Wasting away.
Slowly.

Theres is,but,
nothing to show,
The still warm to touch
wax on the stand.
Traces of the drip
on the brass handle 
of the drawer, in teak,
below.

Bygone of a light
that had once been.
A glory that the flame
had once seen.

Of hope that it held in 
its wake, in those
hazel eyes.
Stillness.All around.
A quilt that silenced
strains of a shatter.
And therein lay, 
destroyed,
a web of lies.

The streaming rays 
on the porch.
Tip of the nose,
Shining bright.
Contouring unsightly
circles under the eyes.
Dark.They dispel.
Some of it 
from the previous night.

Glad its a new day.
Heaven hold the
door ,wide open.
And,
wish it all away.

I am lit up.All inside.
Deep.
Free to believe
and lose again.
And they wont be back
to haunt.
Till I sleep.
Until I sleep.

3 comments:

  1. Suu: 3 grabs of earthy connections I felt when I went thru "U": latte is my kinda brew, I love it. Shaolin monasteries remind me of my desire to sink in the solitude of the Himalayan ranges. Scented candles lit on a lazy and cozy reverie on a white cushioned couch with the sound of chimes on a windy day. Love these. A part of my being says ‘hello friend, is there a connection somewhere in time’…..

    I loved “I watched the sun rise….” Suu, it reminds me of my walks pre-dawn which inevitably has me standing in awe every time, as the first light breaks in. I ask my shadow who is this great and glorious sun before it leaves stretching paces faster than the pigs that stray in the bushy land nearby… Suu, as I went thru ur poem, is there a reality u r hiding ??

    A walk down the aisle – charming and nostalgic...a dream of every woman born - a reality somewhere, sometime??

    I leave my fingerprints on this blog. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, elegant, and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good, appears nostalgic and tragic. Feel that lot of imagery has been put in to convey the meaning. The last para makes one think..How true in all respects...sleep..sleep a a panacea for all ills, unwanted memories... permanent sleep is a solution????!!!Hmm!!

    ReplyDelete