Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Happy New Year!

Yes it is.
And I am here.
Amid people and noise,
music and beer.
And food,for thought.
More than my fill,
More than my choice.

As the count winds down
Alls hushed now,murmurs only.
and then the cheers spread, 
like a wildfire through the town.

For everyone its 
a second chance.
I walk away ,
look around
 and ask in random
for just one dance.

Its loud and mad again
and I cant hear.
Nothing at all.Not a clue,
of what's the moron
 screaming into my ear.

And you are 
heaven knows where!
Like the ripped out page
 from my diary.
and its funny I should 
think of you now.
No.Not Funny. How dare?

Its all wrong.You.
 I left behind.
You cant be not here,
and still be, 
on my mind.

The music is soft now,
and the voice is saying,
all I catch although is,
"honey,we should get going."

I step back and peer.
Just like that
the tears run amok.
Those eyes .That voice.
Boy! Am I in some shock?

You know me, maybe,
better than I do.
You know I cant 
and haven't been me,
 without you.

Somethings dont change.
Not at all,
Not through the years,
the vaccum inside,
the heartbreak,
and the silly fight.
I am glad that
you came, 
after all.

Happy New Year.

1 comment:

  1. The Poem starts on a pessimistic note, a tinge of sadness and unavoidable feeling is conveyed in the beginning. But ends on a optimistic note. Somewhere get the feeling that it's on similar lines to some of the earlier poems in character. Romantic in genre this belongs to that category of poems which reminisces the past with mixed feelings, looks towards the future in hope though the present appears confusing. The pangs of separation displayed midway are symbolic, and have hidden meanings. All in all, a good romantic poem.

    ReplyDelete