Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A walk down the aisle


I am here
with all my heart.

Every inch of me
knew,forever.
It was ordained
we be together.
That you clasp
my hands, and,
ask me to be yours
till death do us apart.
Here I am, I am here,
with all my heart.

The tear veiled eyes,
peer into yours.
They never fail
to remind.
And, they whisper-.
Gentle,the words,
as they fall,
like a feather.
But the mind has
heard a million times.
The scene played
over and again
each part.
Here I am, I am here,
with all my heart.


Only,
Those eyes arent me.
Those palms, sweaty ,
with nervous desire
arent mine.
The ears listening
to sweet nothings.
None of it.Not a bit
You are no longer,beside.
You whisked your love away.
I remain a cast aside.

I should have seen it coming,
if only ,I was any smart.
And, I only stood there,
shocked still,but,
With all my heart.

The heart bid bye
The dimples
darken in the cheeks.
Funny,you should call it
'smile line'.
A life,loved and lost.
A loss so beloved.
A love so sublime.

You have long since taken leave.
And, I let my unmoored soul depart.
If only you had looked.
Deep enough .Just once.
You would've known,
There I was.Always.
And,
with all my heart.

3 comments:

  1. Nice poem on a Walk Down the Aisle Suhasini!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each word is loaded with feelings ... I could feel it... It moved me ... good :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple beautiful, amazing, don't want to interpret and confine it to boundaries as I feel it would do injustice. Sit, sip a bit enjoy and then take the next sip!!! Great!!!!

    ReplyDelete