Tuesday, January 18, 2011

To keep the flame burning

Yes.
I say.
I am in love with you.
Should you ask,
why? 
Reason,
I could give you a few.

But what I don't tell is 
for you to read.
And I won't ask back.
Your lips can lie all
they want, 
for your eyes,
is all I shall ever need.

I know you now.Now I don't.
Its this tickle 
without the touch,
that I fell for.
I confess.
And its alright if you wont.

Its a long way to
 what we can be,
someday.
I want to be there 
to hear, see and feel.
Walk to the end of the world
with you,and be there,
All the way.

If you still are
in some bits of doubt,
Let go.Let it be.
Don't figure me like math.
I am best left unsolved,
with mysteries to me
Isn't that's what Love's all about?

3 comments:

  1. Conveys what Love is beautifully. Sounds tragic.Another feather to your cap, though feel it's incomplete somewhat. A nice poem which's straight forward, doesn't indulge in any imagery but has got lot of meaning in it. This is what I feel is it's strength and plus point, without complicating matters conveying things in a simple but power ful giving room for interpretation is what makes some works great & I have seen many of your romantic poems are of that calibre.Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know the rules or grammar of a poem.

    But it makes me to feel good and wonder! Whenever I go through your words.

    Your word conveys the feel straight from your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Madddy: Neither do I.
    As you have discovered already ,I have no regard for conventions. My blog id aint 'idyllic musings' for no reason, eh:) As long as one can relate to the words I can live with not being a poet.I am not one and I wont pretend either.Thank you.

    @ Pramod: Thank you. The context of the poem was some random article in a magazine about how to keep alive or sustain the romance in a relationship with the passage of time.It was pretty juvenile and I almost laughed at what the author had to say.
    I wrote this while in a salon getting my hair trimmed:D

    ReplyDelete