Monday, May 2, 2011

Dream of a nightmare

Does that happen to you?
Every now and then, 
often maybe?

Just when you think
you had it all,
all under control,
glowing in the smugness
of knowing it.
That one is kicked,
deep in the gut.
Knocking the wind off.
Caught-
in a vortex of disbelief-
unguarded and unaware.

When one is sold to the
grand spread of deceit,
The distant bells toll.
It's peals ringing truth 
into your ears
and shivering soul,
like the quaking,slurred speech
of a wizened soothsayer.
And you run 
from
the hideously
gnarled veins on that
bony frame.
And you run from it all
while the distant bells toll.

You struggle
to flee out of reach.
They grasp you,
and lay it all naked and bare.
Whispering in hushed tones,
that waking or not,
some dreams 
do come true,but ,
every now and then
so does a nightmare.

So, does that happen to you?
At times, maybe,
 when you are asleep,
when you are unguarded,
unaware?

Was that a dream? 
A nightmare?
Or dream of a nightmare?





3 comments:

  1. Your words actually takes me a ride in your theme.... till I finish your last word ... It holds my attention.... till the last word.. :-)...

    Keep up your good work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job!!, what is dream or what is reality? is there a distinction between two? can one influence another? you have excellently captured the two facets and the distinction as well as blurring lines between the two well

    ReplyDelete
  3. My life, I have felt is a dream that I dream to myself. I know I can wake up to reality. But then would there be the I that dreamt, to perceive the reality?

    Rajan

    ReplyDelete