Friday, May 6, 2011

Nothing less Nothing more

It ain't much
what I ask of.
Yet you deny me.
Not the riches.
Nor the fame.
I really dint ask
for anything as such.
What I ask of you?
It aint much.

I asked for
my hands
to be held.
A shoulder to lean.
To quell my doubts,
my fears.
Whispered assurances
when,inexplicably,
tears swelled.
I dont want to
walk alone.
I just want,
through the journey,
my hands held.

I am one of the millions
girl next door.
My wishes-
Simple.
Obvious.
At times,
pathetically unambitious-
just like most of them.
Nothing less.
Nothing more.
I wanted to be
anything but special
just let me be the
girl next door.
Nothing less
nothing more.

What did I do?
or did not.
That you won't
let me have my dream?
I asked for
a soul to share my
small world with,
someone
with whom-
all the love
life holds and
can give-
I can feel and
rightfully redeem.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent that should be spirit!!.. A gr8 read. There was no need of the second poem you could have conveyed what you wanted to say here only. Hmm very interesting projection!! but is it as simple as that? .Watch out for the danger of this being becoming one sided again.

    ReplyDelete